Motivation

Very. Little.  I've always known that - even though I don't consider myself a workaholic by any means - I have not done well without a certain amount of external accountability.  In other words, you have to pay me to get out of bed.  This is another lesson with which I will contend during the Sabbatical.

Tomorrow, I go to place my first order of lumber and fixin's for the 8' x 15' shed I will be building in my backyard.  Also, the first of a number of tools I am beginning to purchase begins to arrive. (Unfortunately, I forgot to change my Amazon delivery address so I'm likely to be making a discreet, ninja visit to the Church to pick them up!)

For those who care, I have a miter saw and stand coming.  This is the first necessary tool for my new shop and the shed work ahead.

I've done nothing of this magnitude ever before.

Now, this just set off the I've-got-to-go-help-this-poor-guy tingling "spidey" sense of every handy guy I've ever known.

Please DO NOT DROP BY to see "how it's going".  If it's going well I will resent the interruption.  If it is not going well, I will very MUCH resent the interruption.  And around my house no one answers the door anyway.

Understand that this is therapy for me.  My usual day job of 34 years, produces very little of which I can hold in my hand.  I am excited at the possibility of creating something that I can point to, (with however many fingers I will still have with which to point).

Should I need backup, I have a good friend (Les!) who is one block away and on my speed dial. 

I am vigorously studying one how-to-build-a-shed YouTube video after another.  And after all, I once made a bread box ...a long time ago.

I will find a way to get pictures posted ...and give a regular accounting of the number of still-attached fingers.

Comments

  1. Moving from head and heart to hands and heart is a not a challenge for the faint of heart. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment