Nailed!!!

The lumber is here!  I have no more excuses.  Today, I begin this new portion of my Time.  I begin constructing the shed in my backyard.  This shed will hold much of the garage "collection" to make room for my shop in the garage.

Yesterday I drove down to Roswell to scavenge what I could from my brother's tools at his own huge, nearly "abandoned" shed.  I picked up a number of dust-coated power and non-powered tools for the future wood shop.  I also had lunch with my sister-in-law, who is days from retirement.

We were both in the mood to reminisce regarding our families and the living of our days.

I have helped unload the lumber and now I am "resting".  I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of resting ...while I build up the courage to actually begin.  I am not sure why there is fear connected to beginning.  There is no mistake I might make that can't be undone.  I suspect that this is a theme of my whole life.  A fear to start something new because of a fear to ...fail.  I know - in my head - that failure is a powerful learning experience.   But, I rarely undertake anything that does not have a pretty solid chance to succeed. 

I wonder if I should one day undertake the goal of failing!  But, then the accomplishment of that would be success...

Comments

  1. Hey I have a table saw that is collecting dust in my garage.....Just in case you need more stuff in your garage....Great price...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment